U0107

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
the gate way on these older cars used to be in radio if I am correct. If I m wrong, I dont mind

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
these yrs for these cars were all over the place.

Need to know coding. Hook a scanner to these gm slash korean jobs, 8 different motors. etc.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
so sorry I am late to this game, but I hope by giving wiring for your g6, maybe it will help.

I will also give other info ahead of time, just peruse it it may help. I am so busy right now it not funny, so posting seriously here is hard lately

Beware, this is a dicey code. A very good check of wiring from and to modules is a must, if that is all good, either tb or ecm. no in between, but since this thread is ridden with talk of aftermarket radio, first thing to do, revert. So at this point, I am just a parrot.

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
If gateway serial was disrupted, need to put back stock and not ask this guy to hook up a radio to any thing 2005 and above. End of rant, I am drinking beer at 9am

Deena H.

Were the replacement TB and pedal assembly new, or used? If new, what brand?

I'm grasping at straws here. This "lost com" between the PCM and TAC modules seems like it could not be caused by work on the stereo, as (I think) both the PCM and TAC are out in the engine compartment; well away from where the stereo wiring was being fussed with. If PCM com hardware had been damaged, I would think there would be a lot of other problems/codes due to bad com with other modules.
Ok so it wasn't just a stereo, he was hooking up an amp and subs as well. Im so sorry, I thought I stated that from the beginning! He installed a fuse, amp and speaker and couldn't figure out why the car went into engine power reduced mode. So he undid what he hooked up and still the same thing. Ive replaced the TAC in the engine compartment, didn't fix it.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Where did he tap in for the power to the amp? We need to know about any mods that were made to the OEM wiring to have a chance here. Any chance we can get him to join in here, using his own words? I have no intention of belittling his efforts, I just want to help you resolve this.

Deena H.

Ok so it wasn't just a stereo, he was hooking up an amp and subs as well. Im so sorry, I thought I stated that from the beginning! He installed a fuse, amp and speaker and couldn't figure out why the car went into engine power reduced mode. So he undid what he hooked up and still the same thing. Ive replaced the TAC in the engine compartment, didn't fix it.

Last edited:

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do you still have the old TB and pedal? You should try swapping them back in (one-at-a-time) now that the radio stuff is back to stock. Sadly, new parts from a FLAPS are suspect. They could have been damaged by a previous purchaser and then returned for refund. It used to be that no electrical parts were returnable, to avoid that possibility. Now, the prevalent ethics don't not require us to take responsibility for our actions; most people feel entitled to a free "redo" (refund).

Deena H.

And yes the tb and pedal were both brand new. Pedal assembly is duralast and the tb is cardone

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Now, the prevalent ethics don't not require us to take responsibility for our actions; most people feel entitled to a free "redo" (refund).
Yes, this is now a prevalent source of grief for techs such as me and others. The lost art of trouble shooting.

:( :eek:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Can the duralast actually talk to the cardone. That also is another tech quiz question, cuz I have seen this before with re-manufactured stuff.

Just sayin, and putting that out there.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
He installed a fuse, amp and speaker and couldn't figure out why the car went into engine power reduced mode.

your writing, if he tapped into a power source that need CAN bus that may be the source of the problem all along, again, just sayin;):fixed: