gullythumper

Make
chevy
Model
impala
Year
Miles
Engine
Have an'06 Impala I picked up. The trunk has no external lock. It has a button on the dash. What happens if there's no battery power, and I need to open the trunk? My owner's manual refers to doing it if the car has a split seat back, but mine is a solid seat back, and can't be "flipped down". On each side of the seat back right at the door jamb is a small " pouch" with a plastic handle tied to a black heavy cord. The owner's manual makes absolutely no reference to that feature. Are those a manual trunk release? If not, what are they, and how do I manually release the trunk

Mobile Dan

wrench
Someone said "MY 06 Impala tunk would not open using my key fob, or the trunk button on my car . IF you own this vehicle you know that there is no manual keyhole on the trunk. I had to remove my back seat . It is held on by two bolts. In the trunk on the trunk lid is an emergency release handle."

Mobile Dan

wrench
Info about "plastic handle in small pouch".
.Rear Safety Belt Comfort Guides Rear shoulder belt comfort guides may provide added safety belt comfort for older children who have outgrown booster seats and for some adults. When installed ona shoulder belt, the comfort guide positions the belt away from the neck and head. There is one guide for each outboard passenger position in the rear seat. Here is how to install a comfort guide and use the safety belt; 1. Pull the guide out from the pocket on the edge of the seatback. 2. Slide the guide under and past the belt. The elastic cord must be under the belt. Then, place the guideover the belt, and insert the two edges of the belt into the slots of the guide.

gullythumper

Dan, your first reply would work, unless the trunk is full of stuff, then you couldn't reach the release handle. Secondly, since that isn't something you would readily be prepared for, one may not have the necessary tools to remove the seat, plus no mention of whether or not the bottom would have to be removed first. I can't believe they wouldn't have thought of that and had a procedure to manually access the trunk. ;)

At least you provided info on what those little pouches/handles are.