Updated Valve body?

buzzstpoint

1995 4L60E transmission

I have 1 problem.
I took the whole thing apart and cleaned the valve body.

Problem 1
I have a 3-2 Control soloniod - But on the other side of the transmission, (Next to the Converter Clutch signal valve) there is another control soloniod. But it's not listed in my book. Well I broke The harness connector off and need a new one.

Problem 2
I have a small spring that seems to be left over, I have pulled the valve body apart a few times and haven't found where this goes, All the parts seem to match up.

The spring is about an inch long, size of a pen diameter and is painted yellow.

I'm assuming there is probably an update that was done. Anyone have an updated schematic to help me out?

buzzstpoint

OK, from checking around I think this "control" I'm looking at is called
TCC pressure signal solenoid
(that sits right above the TTC solenoid)

Also is that the same as the 3-2 shift solonoid?
Also the spring still.

EricC

The solenoid is a TCC Pulse Width Modulated solenoid. Changed to PWM to ease the feel of the TCC apply. The yellow spring may be the 3-2 downshift valve spring. It goes directly behind the bore plug in the bore right next to the 3-2 solenoid.

buzzstpoint

Any idea where I can buy a new one?

**Edit
I found where the spring goes.
In my book it shows the Converter Clutch Signal Valve as a one piece. But mine is in 2 pieces.
I found a PDF file from Transgo with an exploded view showing the valves with the 2 piece and the spring in between the 2 halves.

New question.

I found from transgo that is either the:
Converter Clutch PWM Solenoid
or
3-2 Control Solenoid

Is there a difference between the 2? Also where can I buy them. So far I have only found them in a full kit.