Vehicle shakes and stutters

NickD

wrench
That 2010 Cruze I had came with a 1.4L Turbo, was on their board, lots of guys were having problems with it. First problem was not using synthetic oil, any GM dealer around here was charging 40 bucks extra for synthetic with really no proof they were using it. For a five quart bottle, name brand, only two bucks more for five quarts from Walmart, other stores are reducing their prices. Also caught my dealer not replacing the oil filter and charging me ten bucks. Paper insert only for these things were 2.5 times the price of a steel screw on.

Only a 1/8" outside diameter tube was carrying the oil to the turbo, thought that was stupid, many things on these new vehicles are. Replaced that with a 1/4" tube, fit just fine with new fittings, I did not have turbo problems. Shop manual claimed up to a 36 psi boost with the super tiny 1.4 L engine. Also no turbo boost gauge on these things, not sure about the Buick.

Also had huge problems with any GM dealer for service, wanted a woman to come up here for Milwaukee to approve of it first, she never came. So did my own repairs at my own expense, been a GM nut from the 50's, not anymore. That guy that rear ended my wife to total this thing did a favor, least we got full retail value for it.

Whenever I purchased a used vehicle, raised nine kids, want both arms and legs for insurance, collision was out of the question would pour in a couple cans of Seafoam, would do this at 3:00 AM after the drunks went to bed on a lonely country road, leaving a smoke trail ten miles long.. Toss a can of Seafoam in my own vehicles every 4,000 miles, and only use top tier ethanol free gas 91 octane fuel, so never have carbon build up problems.

One cure for this is to vote for Biden, will completely stop using any kind of fossil fuel including natural gas. suppose to heat my home when 30 below with the sun. But carbon can be dealt with.

If you were using conventional oil in this thing, your valve timing and hydraulic lifters would be all gummed up, and replacing with synthetic will not cure it, has to practically be manually cleaned.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
would pour in a couple cans of Seafoam, would do this at 3:00 AM after the drunks went to bed on a lonely country road, leaving a smoke trail ten miles long..
See, told ya all he was a fan, wakes at 3am, leaves ten miles of smoke. Gotts love for nickd from usa. Hope you all had a SAFE thnx giving.:)

We all know things aint easy. Work is down, new normal. Heard that on news. I dont even know what that means. Havent we always had to adapt to life in some way or another. Anyway, just sayin, profit from close ones, dont go far. And dont put your head in the sand. Keep a 360 outlook.

Last edited: