Ventilation in gas stoves

eddieguy

Im going to snoop around some more but here is what i hope is a better pic of the louver thing you mentioned and that looks like thats more for form than function, however you can see one of the vents as well underneath that and thats where i had my thermometer poked in.
20210401_231205.jpg

dabunk

wrench
Website
www.facebook.com
My dad was a caretaker for a summer only lake community. Over the years have seen many stoves where mice and critters get inside and build nests in the insulation and block passages. Just saying!!

eddieguy

My dad was a caretaker for a summer only lake community. Over the years have seen many stoves where mice and critters get inside and build nests in the insulation and block passages. Just saying!!
I gotcha. Im going to look everything over good for such things. I seen the vent i think you were talking about in the rear wall inside. Shined a flashlight up in there and it does vent out through the top to the surface in the back behind burners

eddieguy

I gotcha. Im going to look everything over good for such things. I seen the vent i think you were talking about in the rear wall inside. Shined a flashlight up in there and it does vent out through the top to the surface in the back behind burners
20210402_164442.jpg

eddieguy

One thing i seen that does not seem right to me is when i pulled the drawer open on the bottom that is used for storing pots and pans you can look up inside and literally see the Open Flame I don't see how that could be right you're supposed to be able to reach in there and grab your cookware and yet you got an open flame in there it seems like it ought to have some kind of metal or something underneath the flame sort of separating it from the space in the drawer am I right in thinking this otherwise you'd basically have an oven in the drawer itself. You could practically open up the drawer and bake something in there it's so hot with that open flame in there

eddieguy

One thing i seen that does not seem right to me is when i pulled the drawer open on the bottom that is used for storing pots and pans you can look up inside and literally see the Open Flame I don't see how that could be right you're supposed to be able to reach in there and grab your cookware and yet you got an open flame in there it seems like it ought to have some kind of metal or something underneath the flame sort of separating it from the space in the drawer am I right in thinking this otherwise you'd basically have an oven in the drawer itself. You could practically open up the drawer and bake something in there it's so hot with that open flame in there

eddieguy

Pic of the space of where I pulled the drawer out you can see the rail where the drawer slides along on the side and you can see the Open Flame above it

Jim.M.

The drawer you refer to for storing pots and pans is actually intended as a warming space for cooked foods, not for storage, so seeing the gas flame may not be so unusual for the intended purpose of the drawer.

stevem

In an electric oven, depending on the model, it is either a warming drawer or for storage.

In a gas oven, from what I read on the internet, it is a broiler drawer. A place under the oven burners to broil food. If this is the case then it would be dangerous to store utensils and pots in it.