What are the aspects to consider before choosing an aerial lift?

Make
Ford
Model
Ford Escape
Year
Miles
46.0 million miles
Engine
1.6 L 4-cylinder
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and hoping that I would get some advice from anyone of you.I'm an electrician and all of you know how risk our job is. In order to lower the possibility of an accident such as falling from heights, one of my friends recommended me to use an aerial lift. It would be better to have an aerial lift rental considering the cost of transportation and storing the equipment. An aerial lift also increases the safety and productivity of working a lot. What are the aspects to consider before choosing an aerial lift?

Depends on how high of a lift and how many persons or equipment. Live in a wooded neighborhood with problems from China with ash bore killing out 70 tall ash trees. Five us got together to rent a single person lift, 60 feet to cut off branches. Then it costs us $250.00 per day that divided down to $50.00 per day. Lot cheaper than paying profession tree cutters $3,000.00 per tree.

Just do a google search on google for an aerial lift rental.

Also an FAA certified tech, had to replace antenna elements on top of a 50 foot post with no way to climb up. City owned airport, got a hold of the city electrical maintenance truck to get up there, was fun.

billr

wrench
Staff member
The height you have to reach, how much load it can carry (and at various reaches/angles), and stability are what seem crucial to me. I would be looking for retractable and adjustable "outriggers" that could ensure stability. Is this to be used on soft or uneven terrain? My only experience with such equipment is with scissors-lifts on smooth level concrete, up to about 20 feet, and they can sure feel wobbly! I'm thinking this is a "boom" type application and would want to do a test-drive before buying.

Most of the people on this board are of the DIY kind of people in more ways than one. To buy or rent depends on how much you are going to use it. But the rental place can answer your questions.

Ha, my dad thought his little brother was crazy starting a rental business back in the 40's, he made a fortune.