What do you use to clean jets and emulsion tubes on small engine carburetors ?

theoldwizard1

Currently using a single needle from a wire (steel) brush, but it is short and a bit too flexible.

JackC

wrench
The industry has always said to never use any "probe" of any kind.

Having said that I am sure we have all CAREFULLY used something at some time. Obviously any damage done to the opening changes the flow amount.

So, it is best to soak it overnight or longer in a carb cleaning solution. Then blow it out with compressed air.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
and yes over yes, overnight soaking is a must.

Think of it when you overcook a meal in the pyrex dish in the stove, the residue almost rinses off after a night soak in some good solvent such as joy or other dishwashing shyte.

I prefere mopar intake cleaner, it seem to desolve gum quit nice. Around sevin ish for a can, can do a whole season of small engine work

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Aint seen a burnt turkey yet stand up tp oven cleaner, but if you look at actual ingredients, fiche technic should say oven OFF cleaner is way more toxic than basic carb dissolution stuff

billr

wrench
Staff member
Try sending PM to NickD. Or, ask jordanr to send a query to his private email address.

eddieguy

but if I use use mopar solvent, for some reason my greek GF gets irate if I use it in the kitchen.
Nickb2 you mean your girl doesn't have any recipes that call for Mopar solvent I would think that would give any recipe that little extra kick lol