YIKES! Important info for all BAT Auto users/readers

Connie

FISH ON!!!!!!!
Hi! I'm Connie! I'm one of the mechanics here that answers questions for ya'll. I love helping folks that have the drive to help themselves! ;D It seems today's society is all about convience and no-hassle, leaning towards hiring everything done for onesself rather than doing it yourself. Self sufficientcy and life skills are being lost along the way it seems, so KUDOS to ya'll for doing it yourself! You are quickly becoming a minority...
In the announcements today, Tony, one of the site owners, mentioned BAT Forums could be down for a few days until he can get the monthly payment together to get to the server for hosting this site. This site relies on what little $ can be gathered from the tool store, ALLDATA subscriptions, and donations. Many, many months, Tony will have to make up the difference out of his own pocket and that isn't right. The mechanics here donate money ocassionally also. So, essentially we pay to give out free advice. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I am just telling it like it is. Like I said, I love to help folks who are helping themselves...it does me good! DYI'ers are some cool, hard working folks that deserve all the knowledge they can find. And, many of you may not be aware of the current situation so I'm just letting ya'll know.
If you can spare anything, any and all donations would be appreciated greatly! If you can't, well that is cool too! Just keep showing up & asking questions! That is appeciated too! ;D Connie, Owner- Grizzly Bear Mobile Mechanics

James-Thornton

I sent $20.00. I would like to get some information on surface temps of car parts that show too much or not enough heat on car parts. I can use a none cantact temp device. Is there a book I could buy. I am trying to pay for this information. I appreciate the help I get on this web site and have donated money. I hope you can untangle the ideas herein. As I am having trouble untangling all the directions, to use this web site. I will admit that I probably have missed some of the directions that I should have read. Thanks, James Thornton

kdauto

wrench
James-Thornton said:
I sent $20.00. I would like to get some information on surface temps of car parts that show too much or not enough heat on car parts. I can use a none cantact temp device. Is there a book I could buy. I am trying to pay for this information. I appreciate the help I get on this web site and have donated money. I hope you can untangle the ideas herein. As I am having trouble untangling all the directions, to use this web site. I will admit that I probably have missed some of the directions that I should have read. Thanks, James Thornton
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I'm not asking in a smartass kind of way, just need to know what you are doing with this info. Surface temps of many things are so variable by YMM that it is not all that useful. It depends...

mastertech

That is an interesting concept. At what temp do things fail. Maybe a wheel bearing? Had one today that was loose. I know it was hot. I tightened it up but not thinking it was failing but looking for a wandering problem. I know that sometimes electricians use the infrared temp gauges to look for loose connections in the panels.

billr

wrench
Staff member
She is retired now, I think. Last post here was in 12/20, needed info for working on a friends vehicle.